Download mp3 | Listen on YouTube | Discussion on reddit.com/r/emacs
I explain my setup, configuration with Org-babel and packages I have at the moment. It’s a simple, but flexible starting point for beginners, I think.
- My config as of Aug 3, 2018 when this episode aired
- My current config
- Aquamacs, macOS-specific Emacs build
- Emacs For Mac OS X, pure Emacs, no nonsense
- The Emacs Initialization File, like
- Lars Tveito’s config
- Harry R. Schwartz’s config. Harry’s talk about org-mode is excellent, by the way.
- melpa - Milkypostman’s Emacs Lisp Package Archive
Plans for the next episode
- Hopefully, reviewing feedback from listeners :-)
- Good resources for beginners: Emacs, Org Mode, configs
- Basics of org-mode, maybe?
August 8, 2018